Information Technology (IT) professional with IT experience in multiple industries (Insurance, Financial, Travel, Education, and Manufacturing). Proven track record focused on customer needs. Specific technical experience includes both distributed (WebSphere) through host/mainframe (COBOL, DB2) environments, and web developer for web site development.
• Business Analyst • Lead Programmer Analyst • COBOL Programmer • Full Life Cycle Development • Application Management • Application Production Support • Quality Assurance Testing • Website Development • Systems Engineering • Infrastructure • Mainframe
Independent Consultant, Lead Web Designer & Developer, Chicago, IL 2002 – Present
- Business Analyst Role – Meet with clients to get the project requirements.
- Co-developed and managed development of responsive websites using HTML, MySQL and Drupal 7 content management systems (CMS) for clients.
- Configuration of Cloud WHM/cPanel server including security and email spam configurations.
CNA Insurance, Chicago, IL 2012 – 2017
Application Maintenance Lead
Provided high level of leadership and expertise in governing the delivery of application maintenance and support services performed by managed services providers.
- Provided primary CNA interface for production support operations with the managed services providers and improved operational efficiencies to offer a superior customer experience to our internal as well as external customers.
- Coordinated incident and defect management for managed service provider (MSP) (onshore and offshore) with triage of production outages to reduce future outages.
- Monitored MSP and identified high visibility issues and created succession plans to ensure problem resolution.
- Mainframe analysis of COBOL DB2 programs assisting the development teams with the Billing and Collections applications.
CNA Insurance, Chicago, IL 2006 – 2010
Systems Engineer, WebServices Team
Oversaw WebSphere 4, 5, and 6.1 application deployments and infrastructure support in an onsite/offshore environment.
- Established and maintained standard knowledge base articles for applications our team supported to create more efficiencies and better support the applications.
- Managed Team incidents, problems and tasks using BMC Remedy Suite
- Developed and maintained team internal HTML and SharePoint website for a centralized location for documentation, support items and tools for easy access and efficiency.
MRDesignWorks, LLC, Chicago, IL 2002 – 2006
Mainframe Programmer/Analyst (Contractor)
eTeam, Inc. at Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, 2005 - 2006
- Created production JCL for a VSAM to DB2 Conversion project using COBOL, ChangeMan, JCL, MVS, ISPF, File Aid, DB2, IEBGENER, Xpediter, IDCAMS which combined 100 jobs into 14 utilizing procs and symbolic with the ITS application. Tested conversion processes using the new jobs and procs in an onsite/offshore environment.
- Created test scripts for Quality Assurance (QA) testing and assisted QA with the testing of the conversion process and updated technical and functional specifications using Word and Visio.
Ciber, Inc. at Galileo International 2004 - 2005
- Developed billing enhancements to Galileo’s Billing System using COBOL II, DB2.
- Provided Mainframe Application Development of a COBOL II, DB2, MVS application for a large reservation system using COBOL, ISPF, SPUFI, Endevor, SQL and File Aid.
CSC at Budget Rent a Car, Lisle, IL
Senior Consultant, Lead Programmer Analyst and Mainframe Production Support
Developed and tested COBOL DB2 Mainframe conversion interface with a new Internet application and full-life cycle development including Business Analyst, Lead Programmer Analyst, QA Testing and Production Support roles.
- Converted Insurance Replacement application from SQLServer to Oracle8i using Visual Basic and PL/SQL.
- Performed Business Analyst role working with the Marketing Department to define requirements for the Budget’ Loyalty Programs.
- Redesigned Web site to provide the "look and feel" consistent with other Budget Web sites, using FrontPage, ASP, and HTML.
- EDI experience using FTP to transfer EDI files from mainframe to vendor mainframe.
- Recommended and implemented improvements, which resulted in $300,000 in annual cost savings.
- Provided analysis support and enhancements for the Rental Agreement and Reservation systems. Helped develop, maintain, and enhance the Loyalty Programs.
Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, MI
Lead Programmer/Analyst, Staff Specialist, Computer Services
Full life cycle development experience, including Business Analyst, Lead Programmer Analyst, QA testing, and production support roles.
- Performed Business Analysis and Documented Requirements: Met with business users (Registers Office) to analyze business process and define requirements.
- Lead Analyst for the Student Information System and Accounts Receivable System. Analysis, programming, implementation, quality assurance end to end testing and production support roles for on-line/batch programs using COBOL II, CINCOM SUPRA database, and CICS.
- Lead Analyst for Student Information System and Accounts Receivable System conversion from Unisys to IBM mainframe. The conversion involved creating conversion interfaces to convert the data stored on a Unisys DMS 1100 database and updated the data in a VSAM and CINCOM SUPRA database. The Unisys system was written in COBOL and the IBM system was written in COBOL II.
Bachelor of Science, Business (Information Technology)
Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI
last updated on May 30, 2018. Click
for PDF version